Cottage Rental Terms and Conditions
The owner has agreed to provide a cottage that has been accurately described. We ask you to agree with the Terms and Conditions below, to keep the property well-maintained and leave it in good condition according to the checkout instructions, on departure.
Terms and Conditions:
It is agreed and understood that the cottage is owned and operated by the “owner” and is offered as vacation rental accommodation to the “Renter” according to the terms and conditions set out below. The renter agrees to abide by the terms and conditions set out herein and as set out by the owner and shall be responsible for adherence to terms and conditions by any and all occupants and guests.
- Maximum adults as in description
- We rent to families and responsible adults.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit. Rental confirmation by email will be provided to the Renter upon receipt of the required minimum payment.
- Maid service is not provided during your stay. The Cottage will be cleaned prior to your arrival. It is asked that you leave the cottage as you found it.
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12 noon.
- The renter acknowledges that he/she will personally occupy the rental property for the entire rental period.
- The renter agrees not to trespass on others’ properties
- The information contained on our website is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. The Owner reserves the right to make any changes it deems necessary to more accurately reflect the property
- The owner reserves the right to inspect the premises before your departure.
- If for any reason beyond the owner’s control the property is not available on the date booked or the property is unsuitable for rental, all rent, and charges paid in advance by the renter will be refunded in full and the Renter shall have no further claim against the Owner.
- The renter undertakes to release, indemnify and hold the rental property Owner harmless against any and all loss, claims, causes of action, demands, and/or costs and expenses that may be incurred by the renter or by any party in relation to the cottage rental. It is understood by the Renter that the cottage “Owner” will not be liable whatsoever for any loss or any injury to the renter or guests using the cottage, its property, and its content during the rental term, however, caused. The renter acknowledges that the property and all of its content are provided for the Guest’s use at their own risk. The Renter and its guests are responsible for exercising due care and diligence in using the cottage’s equipment. In addition, the Owner accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the renter’s possessions on the Owner’s property or land.
- No parties permitted
- Remove outdoor footwear
- No smoking in the Cottage
- No fireworks
- Please respect our neighbors at all times. Quiet time is 10:00 p.m.
- All deposits are non-refundable if cancelation, unless deemed by the owner otherwise
- Cancellations for reservations can be made 14 days in advance
- Since the weather is beyond our control, if you choose not to come or to check out early due to the weather, you will forfeit your payment.
Cottage Rental House Rules:
- No smoking. Smoking is not permitted inside the property or near any open windows or doors.
- Evidence of Smoking or Pets (where pets are not permitted) inside the Cottage would result in complete loss of security deposit.
- No parties or events
- Not safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years) – Young children are welcome; however, there are No Safeguards in place for infants/toddlers. The stove/staircases/cupboards are open and could be a hazard.
- Self-check-in with a combination provided in advance to the lockbox
- For your comfort and enjoyment, we strive to maintain a very high standard of CLEANLINESS. To assist us, we ask that you remove outdoor footwear and leave the cottage in a neat, tidy condition on your departure.
- We’re on a Septic system (no city sewer), so we request that only toilet paper be flushed, please! If the septic system is damaged or backs up, it could add an unfortunate memory to your vacation.
- Fires are to be contained within the Fire Pit or device provided and shall be extinguished after use. Fire Extinguishers are located in the kitchen, beside the back door.
Prior to checking out, we request your assistance to:
- Dishes are to be washed and returned to the cupboards
- Take, or dispose of all leftover food items from the fridge and kitchen
- All Garbage, Recyclables, and Empties are to be taken with you upon departure
- Leave the Cottage in a neat and tidy condition
- We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, thank you!
If you damage the home, you may be charged for damage through forfeit of all or a portion of the agreed-upon security deposit.