- Please bring your own sheets and towels. There are 5 Queen beds.
- You must bring your own supplies – this includes toilet paper and food. It’s hard to get groceries on the island so you need to plan ahead. The Co-op at the north end of the island has some food but not enough to feed you for a week.
- The tap water is filtered and is good for cooking, washing and cleaning your teeth. Drinking quality cannot be guaranteed. There is a water cooler with one extra bottle of water available in the Cabana. If you need another bottle, please return the empty bottle to the Co-op and purchase another. You are responsible for leaving one full water cooler bottle upon departure.
- Be respectful of the neighbours – keep the noise and music at appropriate levels.
- The Cabana is on a septic system so please limit the amount of toilet paper used. Do not flush any baby wipes or feminine hygiene products.
- At the end of your stay you must remove all trash. The transfer station is located south of the winery pavilion.
- Leave the Cabana as you found it. Clean up after yourself. It should look the same as the day you arrived.
- No pets allowed.
- No smoking in the Cabana.
- Please do not leave any leftover food.
- If you choose to have a fire make sure it’s put out completely before going to bed.
- Rain often comes in fast, so make sure the doors, skylights and windows are closed when leaving the Cabana.
- Pull everything off the beach in advance of storms and each evening as waves can come quickly.
- Although you will find fire wood on the property this is not for renters use, as it belongs to the owner. More firewood can be purchased on Harris Garno Road.
- Leave the shed and crawl space doors closed so you don’t get extra roommates.
- The cleaning of fish and/or wild game is not permitted in the Cabana.
- Only run the dishwasher if it’s full. Make sure nothing is left in the dishwasher.
- You’re on a small island where you’ll meet lots of friendly people. Don’t forget to wave!
NOTE: A damage deposit, in addition to the rental charge, must be paid upon booking. Damage deposits will not be returned when deemed by the owner/property manager. Respect the property; leave it the way you found it and you’ll have your damage deposit returned.